For those of you that may not know, October is a month dedicated to raising awareness for breast cancer. Brands often create new products and pledge a percentage of the sales to their chosen cancer charities. According to statistics, 1 in 8 women in the UK will develop breast cancer in their life time. Every year 55,000 people are diagnose. That is an astonishing amount hence why raising awareness and funds is vital.
This year, there are a wide range of brands taking part in Breast Cancer Awareness month so get ready to see lots of pink! From beauty brands like Bobbi Brown to wristwatch brand Guess. Below is a round up of some of the brands.
1. Zumba have launched a Pretty in Pink Collection with 30% of the sales going to their research into preventing breast cancer. For more information, please visit www.partyinpink.com.
2. Another Just Giving Page, but this time by One Chic Mom, an online magazine aimed at mothers. For every donation One Chic Mom will send a specially designed recipe that is affordable easy to make and of course child friendly.
3. Ethical egg brand, happy egg co. have designed a limited edition box which comes with a 10 mixed egg and being sold for £2.00 in Asda nationwide. They have also selected two breast cancer charities and will donated £35,000 to them.
4. Monster Headphones have created a neon pink iSport Intensity headphones and for every sale, they vouch to donate £5 to Breast Cancer Care with the aim to raise £10,000 by November.
5. Apparently researchers have estimated that 9% of cancer cases could be prevented through change in diet. That is why appliances retailer Sage Appliances launched a Just Giving Page to encourage their shoppers to donate. Every person who makes a donation will be entered to win a Nutri Juicer Plus ( They have four to give away ).
6.Online fashion brand Damart is selling a pink thermal top with £5 from every top sold being donated to the Breast Cancer Campaign fund.
7. This year, GUESS have chosen to partner with The Get in Touch Foundation, an organisation that is committed to education people on how to get in touch with their bodies. The limited edition watch is available from The Watch Shop. For more info, please visit www.guesswatches.com/getintouch.
8. I have a problem. I am a sucker for homeware and I want the six pink limited edition kitchen products created by The Pampered Chef . The Help Whip Cancer range is in support of Cancer Research UK and for every product sold, £1 will be donated to the charity.
9. Marked as the one to watch due to her innovative and contemporary designs Fine jeweller MyriamSOS has designed a bracelet composed of 375 rose gold, pink waxed cord and 6 pink sapphires. The bracelet will be available to purchase from www.haven.co.uk or Wolf and Badger in Mayfair ( as well as the wolf and badger website ) with 15% of proceeds to Breast Cancer Support Centres UK.
Its great t see so many brands working on a great cause! For more information on Breast Cancer Awareness please click here