HELP! Iv become a foodie. Well I was always one but my new addiction is actually cooking. I am obsessed with trying out new recipes. As CeCe is on half term, I thought I’d make one of her favourite meals. Burger and Chips. Its cheaper, tastier and I’d definitely say healthier than a trip to McDonalds and is suitable for the family. Making burger at home give you the chance to make your own recipe. You can add what ever you like to suit your taste. I use a method I found on BBC Food but tweaked the ingredients to my taste.
- For the burger
- Minced Beef
- Chopped Garlic
- Chopped Onions
- Fresh Thyme
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper.
- To Serve:
- Bag of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Mayonnaise or Ketchup
- Shredded Iceberg Letttue
- Burger Buns ( or how I like it with Bloomer Bread )
- Mixed Salad
- Place all the burger ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Using your hands, shape into equal-sized patties.
- Preheat the grill to hot. Cook the burgers under the grill for 15 minutes, or until cooked through, turning once.
- Top each burger with a some cheese towards the end of the cooking time.
- Before serving, mix together the mayonnaise and lettuce.
- Prepare the Burger bun ( or chosen bread) by slice the two halts and top them up with lettuce and mayonnaise and other fillers of your choice.
- Arrange the burger and cheese on top of the bun and place the other half.
- I have chosen to serve with chips and salad