Everyone has their go to meal. A meal that they prepare when they need a pick me up. Something they can eat all day, every day. Mine is Yam. I can eat yam in any way shape or form. Fried, Boiled or pounded you name it. But when it comes down to eat, my first choice is often fried yam and scrambled eggs.
As members of the Happy Egg Co. Taste 100 tastemakers, we have been challenged to come up with our own scrambled egg recipe incorporating the following :
- A vegetable (e.g. onion, tomato) or source of fish/meat (e.g. salmon, bacon)
- A herb or spice (e.g. chives, paprika )
- A surprise ingredient of your choosing (I’d probably go for cheese…!)
I was sent a coupon to buy the eggs and there was no dwelling on it. I knew exactly what recipe I would be using. Its one I have made times without number. My family absolutely love it! We often eat it with bread or fried yam for breakfast ( P.S did you know its breakfast week? ). In fact I’d say this meal is a staple in a Nigerian household. It is also referred to as Nigerian Egg stew and is much more watery than mine. When it comes to preparing eggs, everyone has their own preference. My kids and hubby prefer eating theirs ‘dry’ so that is how I have prepared it buy using less tomatoes.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 medium plum tomatoes ( The Vegetable )
- 1 medium onion
- One Scotch Bonnet or you can use Black Pepper
- Garlic ( The Surprise Ingredient )
- Salt ( to taste )
- 1 stock cube
- 2 cooking spoons of vegetable oil